|Status:||The Auction Is Now Over|
|Bidding Opens:||Sun Oct 5, 2014 12:00 PM|
|Bidding Closes:||Sun Oct 19, 2014 05:00 PM|
|Currency:||USD (United States Dollars)|
Questions regarding this auction or the items in the auction? Log in with your account to contact the auction's administrator.
— ADVERTISEMENT —
Welcome To The Auction!
ASHA is Alabama SightHound Adoptions We are a not-for-profit group specializing in the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of sighthounds, primarily Salukis and Saluki mixes, that we bring to the U.S. from Qatar. We work with dedicated volunteers throughout the world who help us free these dogs from lives where they are used for hunting and racing, then abandoned and left to die on the streets, or in the deserts, once their owners no longer have need for them.
Nathalia is one such dog. She was brought to ASHA, knowing she had some orthopedic issues, but the full extent of her injuries was not known until she underwent comprehensive testing here in the U.S. Working together with the staff at the University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine, it was discovered that Nathalia was riddled with buckshot, has a separated left elbow with embedded shrapnel, a crushed pelvis that has healed incorrectly (because she was never given medical care in Qatar while living on the streets), and a severely damaged left hip. Amputation is not an option due to the problems with her front leg. Last report from our veterinary contact at the school:
"The right patella is damaged but not causing any issues. The left hip however is severely damaged. There is deviation of the colon to the right (she's lucky she maintained function neurologically). There is also "ballistic" material throughout. Let me know if you have any questions. I talked with my ortho team today and they think $3 - 4,000 would be the ballpark (more than they thought yesterday after considering how involved it will be). They would reattach the triceps tendon to the bone, move the bone fragment down to where it's supposed to be, apply a tension band to keep it in to place as well as some suture, then place an external fixator to keep the piece in place but also maintain range of motion. They would also clean out any soft tissue that is restricting the joint, such as fibrous scar tissue. She would be in the fixator for 5-8 weeks then it would be removed. There would be additional rads to make sure everything is healed well as well as physical therapy throughout and after."
Nathalia is relatively young, and though she experiences chronic pain, she has remained happy and loving, even after suffering this horrible abuse. We are dedicated to relieving her suffering and giving her true quality of life. This auction will be used to help us meet our goal of raising $4,000 for Nathalia's surgery and rehabilitation. She is currently receiving water therapy in order to build her body back up in preparation for her surgeries. Thank you for caring about Nathalia and for helping spread the word about our auction.
Donations to help Nathalia can be made directly to ASHA via our PayPal account. Simply designate your donation as being for Nathalia in the notes.
ASHA PayPal: [email protected] Thank you so much!
Winning Bidder Payment Information
PayPal payments, or direct donations can be sent to: [email protected]
Winning bidders will be contacted at the end of the auction to make arrangements for payment and pickup/delivery/shipment of their items.
Payment Types Accepted:
- Checks: winners will be directed where to send their checks, winning items will ONLY be sent once the check has cleared.
- Secure online payment via PayPal (Winning bidders will see a PayNow button once the auction closes. A PayPal account is not required)
Winning Bidder Item Pickup/Delivery:
- Winning Bidders will receive their items by mail. Winners are responsible for postage, unless otherwise stated in the description with each item.
- Shipping may require an additional fee. Contact the Auction Administrator For Details prior to sending any payments.
General Auction Information
- The time on this server will be used to determine the start and end times of the auction. This time may be off from your local time. Refer to the approximate time in the right hand side of this page.
- When the auction closes, all bidders will receive an e-mail regarding the status of the items they have bid on.
- The highest bid placed on an item, by auction close, is the winner. There can only be one winner per auction item. The auction administrator (group hosting the auction) agrees to sell the item to the highest bidder.
- You must register an account in order to place bids. Click Register on the upper right hand side of this page in the login area. Once you have registered, a confirmation/activation will be emailed to you. You must click on the link in the email message to complete the registration process. If you haven't received your confirmation email, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folder as it may have gone there. You can also re-request the confirmation email. The link for resending the activation code can be found in the login area.
NOTE: eFlea provides a service that facilitates silent auctions for charities & groups/fundraisers. The items up for bids in this auction are listed by the group raising the funds. eFlea is not responsible for the accuracy of the item listings. Please verify item details with the auction administrator(s) prior to placing any bid(s). While eFlea tries to verify the auction administrator(s) and charity/group, we cannot guarantee their validity. Please be cautious and participate only in auctions where you are familiar with the groups and/or administrators.
— ADVERTISEMENT —